Thursday, December 20, 2012

A New Low

I wouldn't like it if the President used the Newtown tragedy to further advance the left's anti-gun* agenda, but it would be expected.

But this is just f$%king ludicrous.  If you don't want to click over, here is the short of it: "You don't like that I was elected, you may not like my policies, but this event puts things in perspective and because of it we need to get a deal done."

And of course, in liberalspeak, that means that he should get what he wants.

*NOTE: I will never refer to it as gun control.  The term "anti-gun covers" it nicely.


In other news, looks like those darned climate models were wrong again....

Remember when it was strictly Global Warming?  Then, when the models and data really didn't add up to reality, the theory was significantly broadened to Climate Change?

Ya know, when one's theory needs to be renamed because the scope of the theory was inaccurate, one might want to start over.  Also, if said theory is renamed to encompass a process that continually occurs regardless of human presence...


Finally, fierce warrior and true American Daniel Inuoye decided to leave this plane of existence.  If you get a sec, please read this fine eulogy.  His last moments:

"My father just looked straight ahead, and I looked straight ahead, and then he cleared his throat and said, 'America has been good to us. It has given me two jobs. It has given you and your sisters and brothers education. We all love this country. Whatever you do, do not dishonor your country. Remember – never dishonor your family. And if you must give your life, do so with honor.' I knew exactly what he meant. I said, 'Yes, sir. Good-bye."

Words to live by.

Final thoughts: tonight, on the eve of the Mayan Apocalypse, I am heading down to DC for a GWAR concert.  Seems very fitting.

No comments: