Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Wrap-up

Last thoughts on the gov't shutdown:
The entire foundation for this shutdown is Obamacare.  The taxpayer spent over 600 million on the website for rollout that now stands equal in punchline to New Coke.  Peoples' rates are going up, and sometimes in hilarious schadenfreude-like fashion.

All championed by a man who once said "Don't call my bluff".

If the right gives in, the above is what they lost to.  And in the process, they will have further scattered their base and only enabled the likes of McCain, Graham, etc.

Music:
We here at Double Standard Industries have long been a fan of The Rolling Stones.  Enjoy:


I think I found my Halloween costume.

GAMBLOOR:
Double Standard Industries is off to a 1-2 start.  This is regrettable.  But walking away is quitting.

BALT (+3) vs. Packers
CAR (+2.5) at Minnesota
DET (-3) at Browns

Stay away from the Jax/Broncos.  That's pure pain right there.

Miscellaneous: Heading to DC Sunday morning for the Million Vet March.  Will take some photos to share with the class.  Also worth noting that a condition of my attendance was promising Mrs. Drozz that I will do nothing that will put me in a position to get arrested.

No comments: