- Yes, the GOP lost the government shutdown battle. To me, the worse part politically is that it gives jackasses like John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Stephen King an excuse for a geriatric "I told you so".
- The worse part is not the MSM/WH/Reid gloating. They hate (and I rarely use that word) anything outside their bubble. They will never like us. So I could care less what they think about our side.
- Boehner and the rest of the GOP leadership play by an outdated rule set that works in polite society. What I mean is this: look at every bill and public facet of the Democrat party for the past decade or so. It is a superficial, nasty, nihilistic system where all that matters are headlines and not details (think "Idiocracy" and you get the point). Boehner had any number of chances to take the gloves off. He chose to take the high ground in hopes that people will notice. The wrong people did, and saw it is a sign of weakness. This is why we end up being called terrorists.
- Conversely, the above is the reason why I like Ted Cruz. He will fight them at every level in relentless fashion. This is also why the left is scared shitless of him.
- @redsteeze agrees.
- Like I have said on many occasions, this entire regime is based on appearances. That's where they are weak. Focus on things like the Obamacare rollout debacle and the pain caused to our Presidents beloved middle class. We have another debt crisis coming in 90 days. Start hammering them on getting a budget out. Ask yourself this: do you think the President was more embarrassed when he shot 1-21 publicly, or when Putin went pimp hand strong over Syria?
And that's that. Onto more important stuff...
Last weekend Double Standard Investments went 2-0-1, upping the record to 3-2-1 on the season. Once more into the breach (picks are in caps):
PATS (+4) at Jets - Tom Brady owns.
BEARS (+1) at Redskins
Broncos at COLTS (+7) - Gut feeling. Broncos letdown, or something.
Although I would love to take Dallas (+3) over my beloved Eagles, it is against company rules. Also, the combined win total of teams beat by the Eagles is 1.